#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins to brighten their Mondays. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. http://www.pinterest.com/flpl/muffin-monday/
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page. http://www.foodlustpeoplelove.com/p/muffinmonday.html
I have been a member for some time now but have not been able to participate. But I want to get back into the swing of things with the bloggers I know and love! As most of you know, my diet has changed drastically and it must include much more seafood – hence the crab stuffed corn muffins. I think you are going to like them as much as we do!
• cooking spray
• 8 ounces cooked crabmeat
• 1/2 cup grated pepper Jack cheese
• 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon Asian chili paste (sambal)
• 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
• 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• salt to taste
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup cornmeal
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 1 tablespoon minced green onion
• 1/2 cup melted butter
• 1/4 cup grated pepper Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Combine crab meat, 1/2 cup pepper Jack cheese, mayonnaise, chili paste, lemon zest, and Worcestershire sauce together in a large bowl. Season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Whisk flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, buttermilk, green onion, and melted butter; whisk until combined.
4. Divide batter evenly in the prepared muffin tin, reaching 3/4 full. Tap the pan on the countertop to remove any air bubbles.
5. Scoop 1 to 2 tablespoons of the crab mixture into the center of each muffin. Lightly press the crab mixture into the batter. Top each muffin using 1/4 cup pepper Jack cheese.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
Don’t they look delicious?! They certainly are – that’s for sure. Check out all the other muffin recipes from my muffin loving friends below:
- Apple Butter Muffin Tops from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Apple Streusel Muffins from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Beet Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Candied Fruit Christmas Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Crab Corn Muffin from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Fruitcake Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Jim ‘n Nick’s Cheesy Muffins – Copycat from Making Miracles
- Shoofly Muffins from Sew You Think You Can Cook