#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins to brighten their Mondays. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. http://www.pinterest.com/flpl/muffin-monday/
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page. http://www.foodlustpeoplelove.com/p/muffinmonday.html
I have been a member for some time now but have not been able to participate. But I want to get back into the swing of things with the bloggers I know and love! As most of you know, my diet has changed drastically and it must include much more seafood – hence the crab stuffed corn muffins. I think you are going to like them as much as we do!
• cooking spray
• 8 ounces cooked crabmeat
• 1/2 cup grated pepper Jack cheese
• 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon Asian chili paste (sambal)
• 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
• 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• salt to taste
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup cornmeal
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 1 tablespoon minced green onion
• 1/2 cup melted butter
• 1/4 cup grated pepper Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Combine crab meat, 1/2 cup pepper Jack cheese, mayonnaise, chili paste, lemon zest, and Worcestershire sauce together in a large bowl. Season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Whisk flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, buttermilk, green onion, and melted butter; whisk until combined.
4. Divide batter evenly in the prepared muffin tin, reaching 3/4 full. Tap the pan on the countertop to remove any air bubbles.
5. Scoop 1 to 2 tablespoons of the crab mixture into the center of each muffin. Lightly press the crab mixture into the batter. Top each muffin using 1/4 cup pepper Jack cheese.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
Don’t they look delicious?! They certainly are – that’s for sure. Check out all the other muffin recipes from my muffin loving friends below:
- Apple Butter Muffin Tops from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Apple Streusel Muffins from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Beet Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Candied Fruit Christmas Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Crab Corn Muffin from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Fruitcake Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Jim ‘n Nick’s Cheesy Muffins – Copycat from Making Miracles
- Shoofly Muffins from Sew You Think You Can Cook
I can’t get over how cheesy your muffins are, Kelli! I love the combo of crab and cheese. Yum, yum, YUM! So glad you have time to bake with us again.
Me too! I love a good cheesy cheese and this one has it!
Kelli these sound so good!!!
Little cups of crab and cheese! Oh my! That cheese pull is fantastic.
Well don’t those look fancy!