Guest Post: Reese’s Banana Bread Muffins

Hello, guys! My name is Pam, and I’ve offered to be a guest poster for Kalamitykelli while she’s taking some personal time. So, I’m here to help fill the next two weeks. This is one of my favorite blogs, and Kelli is one of the nicest people I’ve met here. She was one of my first followers, and has supported me since I started blogging.

Yes, of course, I’m a blogger. I’m half the team that makes up the delicious at Om Nomalicious. I also have a personal blog, Pa-Blam. I’m an internet addict in case you couldn’t tell.

I’m also a baking addict. My husband adores this addiction, but isn’t too fond of the internet one. I bake; he eats. Afterall, I am on a diet.

Two of his favorite things are banana bread and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I saw a recipe the other day for banana bread with Reese’s mixed right in. It looked delicious, and I knew he would enjoy it. Instead of messing around with that recipe, I turned to one I knew worked, an eggless banana muffin recipe I had laying around, and pushed some Reese’s Miniatures into the centers.

Sounds delicious, doesn’t it? It is. Trust me. I know I just met most of you, but trust me anyway. These are amazing.

Photobucket

Reese’s Banana Muffins

3-4 Ripe Bananas
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Butter
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cup Flour
15 Reese’s Miniatures

Preheat oven to 375F and line a muffin pan with papers. I got 15 muffins out of this recipe. You might get a few more or a few less. I never end up with the same as the recipe states.

Mash the bananans. Add butter, sugar, and brown sugar and mix well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

In a different bowl, mix the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and four.

Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet, making sure to mix well between additions.

Photobucket

Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full.

Photobucket

Push one unwrapped Reese’s miniature into the center of each muffin.

Photobucket

Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they’re golden and a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.

Photobucket

Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.

Photobucket

These are amazing when cooled, but even more amazing when still warm. So, eat them either way.

Photobucket

Yuuuuum. Seriously, though, go make these ASAP!!

Oh, and they’re also amazing without the Reese’s.

Photobucket

For a printable version of this recipe, click here!!

Photobucket

Comments

Hello Pam! I would be baking these right now if I had the reeses miniatures on hand. I was wondering what your thoughts are on those silicone muffin cups. East to use? Easy cleaning? Easy muffin/cupcake removal? I’ve looked at them often but haven’t bought them since I’m not sure how well they work. Thanks for guest posting for lovely Kelli! Looking forward to trying these tomorrow.

• Sandra says

I loved these so much the first time that I’m making more today. Have a bunch of overripe bananas and was thinking banana bread at first. Then I remembered these amazing muffins so ran to the store for the Reese’s and getting ready to bake now! Thanks again!!! MMMMMM!!!

• pamasaurus says

Hi!! Thank you so much, I hope you enjoy them!

I adore my silicone muffin cups. I’ve never had muffins stick to them; they always come out easily. Cleaning can be a bit tricky, but I found it easiest to soak them for a few minutes, then flip them inside out to wipe down. I need to get another set of them so I have more than 12 ;)

Just watch out if you have cats. According to my furbabies, these are fabulous toys. I have to hide them, haha.

• pamasaurus says

Aw, thanks! I’m so glad you enjoyed them enough to make them again… almost a year later! Hopefully they turned out as good this time as they did last time :D

Pam, so nice to meet you! I’m not a big fan of bananas but hubby and the kids are! I’ve put chocolate chips in banana bread but never even thought about reeces. That would almost take these to cupcake status, But as I feed them to the kids, I’ll still tell myself, healthy, healthy.

• pamasaurus says

I love putting chocolate chips in banana bread. Chocolate makes almost everything better. I guess Reese’s just add that extra something, like a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

Just remind yourself that peanut butter has healthy fat in it ;)

3. quilt32 says

I’m already a fan of your blog and happy to see you here. The recipe sounds wonderful.
    lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

I tried the version of these which replaced the banana with chocolate chips! They were delicious, I would never have thought of putting a reeses ‘cake’ in a muffin. I made them with splenda (as if that made a difference lol)… Thanks again

Trackbacks