How are you surviving all the heat? It has been brutal here and I honestly cringe each evening when I have to heat up the kitchen. This quick sesame beef recipe does not require the oven and is so delicious you will enjoy it the next day for lunch. If there is any left, that is!
For the meat:
- 5 lbs. steak (sliced thin)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 bag of stir-fry Asian vegetables.
For the Sesame Sauce:
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP water
- 5 TBSP rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 TBSP sesame oil
- 5 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP honey
For the Garnish:
- green onions and toasted sesame seeds
- Slice meat while mostly frozen into 1/4 inch strips and place in a large bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, white wine, and cornstarch and mix until meat is covered.
- Place a couple of TBSP of sesame oil in a large skillet and set on medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients for sesame sauce together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Sauté the meat in small batches, just covering the bottom of the skillet, and cook for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Add more Sesame oil as needed.
- Once the meat is done, sauté a bag of Asian stir-fry vegetables.
- Toss them in the skillet with and add the meat and sauce. Cook for an additional few minutes until everything is warm.
- Garnish with green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
Now wasn’t that easy? Serve it with a salad and you have got a great hearty meal that did not take all day or heat up the house! We served ours with some egg rolls and dumplings. It was truly a delicious meal.