I saw this on Hungry Happenings and not only was it easy – it was cool, so I just HAD to make them! Go over and look at all the fabulous creations at Hungry Happenings because I will just spend time admiring all her very creative work. This is all you will need:
Use the lighter to heat up the knife blade. Cut the Mike and Ike’s just off center, using the smaller end. Stick it to the fat end of the almond M & M. Ta-da! You are done. Make a whole bunch and put them in a small candy bowl for a party.
Candy Christmas Lights
Here are my tips:
1. Pick out Mike and Ike candies that have a bit of a rounded square on one end.
2. If you have fingernail, you can only use one end of the Mike and Ike’s because you need to grip them very tight.
3. It takes a little time to heat up the knife blade with the lighter so don’t skimp because it won’t work. You need the heat to make the gooey part stick to the Almond M & M’s.
4. Work quickly.
5. Do not worry; the end won’t fall off because it is stuck pretty well.
6. If your children want to help, let them be the stick-er on-er instead of the cutter.
I just love how easy they are and how cute they look, don’t you?