Have you heard about the new “updated” recipe on the Libby’s can? Don’t you hate it when they fix something that doesn’t need fixing?!?! I do! So — just to be safe, here is the Classic Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Recipe for your Thanksgiving table!
Classic Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Milk (Or substitute with equal amount Lactose-Free or Almond Cooking Milk)
- 1 unbaked9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Whipped cream (optional)
MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.