Looking for a quick and easy meal to make as it heats up outside? This meal does not require an oven; it’s all quick stove top cooking. You can serve Tortellini Toss hot as a main dish or cold as a pasta salad. You can use what you have on hand, I was out of black olives and bell peppers but this was still a great meal that my family loved.
***TIP: Did you know you can freeze refrigerated past from the grocery store? We purchase the double packs of refrigerated tortellini or ravioli and stick it in the freezer so we easily have some on hand when we want it. You can stock up when it’s on sale or clearance. It cooks up just fine after freezing.
Speedy Tortellini Toss
You can serve Tortellini Toss hot as a main dish or cold as a pasta salad. You can use what you have on hand,
- 1 package of refrigerated tortellini
- 1 package of polish sausage sliced
- ½ onion diced
- 1 Tomato diced diced
- ½ cup Italian dressing Mote to taste
- ½ cup shredded Italian cheese used Kraft Italian 5 cheese blend
Optional: Black olives, green olives, chopped bell peppers, cheese cubes, Parmesan
- Boil the water for the tortellini according to the package. While you boil the water for the tortellini sauté the polish sausage and diced onion.
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions (usually boil for 5 min). Place the drained tortellini and sausage/onion mix in a large bowl. Throw in the diced tomatoes and Italian dressing.
- Toss it all together and sprinkle the cheese on top. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator first.