I’m so excited to announce that my friend from the Bestintentionsmom blog has nominated me for the fabulous Versatile Blogger Award! *note the lovely green icon below*
I want to thank her from the bottom of my heart and hope I can think of 7 things to tell her about myself:
- I became a grandmother for the first time 10 days ago.
- I was a teenage mother.
- I left my career for 2 and ½ years to care for my dying father.
- I can raise one eyebrow like Dr. Spock.
- I have an extensive (my husband would say exhaustive) collection of religious icons in my dining room.
- My favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla.
- I have an unnatural attraction to drinking glasses with graphics on them.
In return, I would like to nominate the following blogs for the award as well. If you are listed, please pass it on to your favorite 15 bloggers.
Versatile Blogger Award
- My favorite little cupcake at Filing Away Cupcakes because she’s so smart and yet so down to earth.
- Jen at Jen Maan in Amman because she shows me beauty in a desert where before I would have seen none.
- Christe and Dianna who live on Lydia Street because they have rockin’ plants and take great pictures of them!
- Vkhanson at icanatbygonebasics because she mourned the recent loss of one of her chickens and that’s a person I understand! She also blogs about jam, jelly, soap – just everything!
- The Ranting Chef at therantingchef because he cooks well and he’s really funny!
- My friend at Limeisbetter because each time I read one of their posts, they make me think .
- My girlfriend at Retro Wifey because she’s just so doggone cool!
- The kids at letsgetbasted because they are learning to cook with what they have and making the best of their student-poor situation.
- My friend at thedomesticrebel because not only is her writing style great, she makes me laugh and I love her recipes too!
- My good friend over at gobakeyourself because she works very hard and it positively the most generous and polite young person I know – and she’s a great cook too!
- DeDe at Vintage and Flea because she is one of the finest writers I have read and her skills at refurbishing discarded items is second to none!
- Jecca at Omnomalicious because she’s creative and makes some really great food!
- Brandie my girl at Thecountrycook – What a fantastic cook!! Her Weekend Potluck Linky Party is just out of this world!
- The guys over at Photobotos because they truly show me one fantastic picture every single day! You can tell because I have a pin board full of their stuff!
- My Daughter at Splintered Vision because she’s my daughter.
Thank you all so much and congratulations!!
Thank you so much! 🙂 -Jecca
The Domestic Rebel
Thank you bunches for nominating me! Congratulations on becoming a grandmother; that’s so exciting!!
Thank you for nominating me. NEAT! I’m already trying to think of 7 things….Love your list of interesting/unique descriptors.
Choc Chip Uru
Congrats my friend 😀
This award is most deserved!
And it was wonderful to learn more about you – female spock and recent grandmother? Congrats :).
Choc Chip Uru
Always a sweetheart! Thank you.
After a hard day at work this made my day! And congrats on being a Grandmother! That is so exciting! Boy or girl? Do you know yet? : )
Oh yeah….Boy! He was born 11 days ago on the 14th. He’s already reciting the constitution and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound….if he could just get potty trained he could be president! 🙂 I’m glad you enjoyed it!
After a stressful day at work this made my day! And yes I am a bit domestically impaired too so I look forward to reading your posts – i just burned a frozen pot pie!! PS: Congrats on being a grandmother!!!!
Congratulations on your award!! I loved getting to know more about you too!! You are an amazing gal Kelli! And you know I love having you over for Weekend Potluck! And thank you so much for passing it onto me. What an honor!! Hugs and love to you!!
Brandie, you were the first person who showed me some blogger love! Does that sound a little tawdry to you too?!?! 🙂 I owe you a great deal!
The Ranting Chef
Thank you so much for the nomination!
You are so welcome! You deserve it….I lurked for a while and then started following. You are funny and live a pretty interesting life there in NYC – raising a teenager, something I’ve done myself!
Thanks for the nomination! Now I have to get to work on my seven things, how fun!
It is fun and it really increases your viewership! What a way to mingle!!