I’m so excited to announce that my friend from the Bestintentionsmom blog has nominated me for the fabulous Versatile Blogger Award! *note the lovely green icon below*
I want to thank her from the bottom of my heart and hope I can think of 7 things to tell her about myself:
- I became a grandmother for the first time 10 days ago.
- I was a teenage mother.
- I left my career for 2 and ½ years to care for my dying father.
- I can raise one eyebrow like Dr. Spock.
- I have an extensive (my husband would say exhaustive) collection of religious icons in my dining room.
- My favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla.
- I have an unnatural attraction to drinking glasses with graphics on them.
In return, I would like to nominate the following blogs for the award as well. If you are listed, please pass it on to your favorite 15 bloggers.
Versatile Blogger Award
- My favorite little cupcake at Filing Away Cupcakes because she’s so smart and yet so down to earth.
- Jen at Jen Maan in Amman because she shows me beauty in a desert where before I would have seen none.
- Christe and Dianna who live on Lydia Street because they have rockin’ plants and take great pictures of them!
- Vkhanson at icanatbygonebasics because she mourned the recent loss of one of her chickens and that’s a person I understand! She also blogs about jam, jelly, soap – just everything!
- The Ranting Chef at therantingchef because he cooks well and he’s really funny!
- My friend at Limeisbetter because each time I read one of their posts, they make me think .
- My girlfriend at Retro Wifey because she’s just so doggone cool!
- The kids at letsgetbasted because they are learning to cook with what they have and making the best of their student-poor situation.
- My friend at thedomesticrebel because not only is her writing style great, she makes me laugh and I love her recipes too!
- My good friend over at gobakeyourself because she works very hard and it positively the most generous and polite young person I know – and she’s a great cook too!
- DeDe at Vintage and Flea because she is one of the finest writers I have read and her skills at refurbishing discarded items is second to none!
- Jecca at Omnomalicious because she’s creative and makes some really great food!
- Brandie my girl at Thecountrycook – What a fantastic cook!! Her Weekend Potluck Linky Party is just out of this world!
- The guys over at Photobotos because they truly show me one fantastic picture every single day! You can tell because I have a pin board full of their stuff!
- My Daughter at Splintered Vision because she’s my daughter.
Thank you all so much and congratulations!!