Tailgating Food

Tailgating Finger Food

After months of being notified that one of my pins had been repined, I finally decided to make the recipe. It looked good and sounded simple enough but I was afraid it might end up on a site like this hilarious one called Pintrosity. You can find it here: http://pinstrosity.blogspot.com/
My Tailgating food is from Plain Chicken Blog and the original recipe is here: http://plainchicken.ziplist.com/recipes/527632-Football_Friday_Bacon_Cheeseburger_Puffs?return_to=%2Frecipes%2Fsearch%3Fquery%3Dbacon%2Bcheeseburger%2Bpuffs
This recipe is my most repined recipe. 12 times just today! I added a few things but here’s my take on Steph’s recipe:

¾ Lb. Hamburger browning

1 package Oscar Meyer real bacon bits
1 two cup package of shredded cheese
1 ½ cups baking mix
1/8 Cup hot sauce
8 Table spoons butter milk

Here it is all in the bowl ready to be mixed.

Set the oven to 400 F and mix the ingredients until just mixed…..you may have to add some buttermilk.
I used my cookie scoop and put them 2 inches apart and bake 12 – 15 minutes although I baked mine 17 – 20 so check your oven temp!

Verdict? There is a very good reason this has been repined so many times. You are going to love them because they are easy to make and Mr. Picky-eater gave them the thumbs up!

Comments

Oops! I forgot to put that in because my time differed with Plain Chicken’s – her’s was 12-15 but mine took 17=20 minutes. Probably just the differences in ovens – my oven is about a year old and electric. Her’s might gas or something. Just watch them starting at 15 minutes and whenever they are golden brown, take them out.

Thank you! I love onion rings too and the combo (with ketchup for the rings and spicy mustard for the puffs) was great. We actually froze the leftover – made about 3 dozen, and will have them next saturday as part of gameday food. we really liked them and since neither of us care much for sausage balls – these were really great!

• pamasaurus says

I’m definitely going to have to make them, then!

I love food that I can make a whole bunch of easily, freeze, and then just pull a few out here or there. It makes lunch time so much easier ;)

yes it is! we call it that ambrosia of the South because we eat it on everything. I am a purist so I only like the from-the-package hidden valley ranch mix it up dressing, but it’s great on pizza, corn dogs, pepper poppers, just any darn thing! :)

• pamasaurus says

I’m not a southerner, but apparently I eat like one. I use the prebottled Hidden Valley, and put it on everything and anything. I get weird looks when I put it on pizza… but they just don’t realize what deliciousness they’re missing out on ;)

You are welcome! I found an old cookbook I used for my dad recently – he too was diabetic. There was this great recipe he liked in there. I’m going to make it and post it soon – just for you! I’ll make sure you know when I do so you can try it! :)

Thank you so much! All of you! you all will never know how positively you and the others from Team Weekend Potluck have affected my little blog! I love each and every one of you. And as soon as I can eat regular food again, I am going t make those Korean noodles – they look fantastic!

I was wondering if instead of adding Biscuit mix, if you just use eggs to hold the “balls” together. Im wondering because I am on the Atkins diet and this recipe would be perfect for me just without the baking mix

I’m not sure that they would hold together as well and I’m sure you would have to adjust the cooking time – BUT, there’s really only enough bisquick to hold it together so I think you are on the right track with the egg! I always use that in my hamburger to hold my burgers together! If you try it, please let me know how it turns out!

Thank you! My husband is watching one of the games and just finished up the wings, fried pickles, AND this little hamburger balls………No supper for him! :) Thank you also for dropping by and please come back

Trackbacks