Strawberry Bundt Cake with Lemon Icing

Strawberry Bundt Cake with Lemon Icing from Kelli's Kitchen

This is what I’ve been doing this morning. Strawberry cake with kicked up Lemon Icing. Taking to mom’s for a party the apartment complex is having this evening. Yep, that’s a pot for a plant – I don’t have a cake pedestal! :)

Ingredients:

1 regular sized box of strawberry cake mix
1 three ounce package of strawberry Jello
3 T flour
½ C water
2/3 C Vegetable Oil
4 eggs

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 F
Grease your Bundt pan really well and dust with flour.
Mix all ingredients together until blended well
Pour into Bundt Pan
Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Frosting:

1 can of pre-made Lemon frosting.
Yellow food coloring (optional)

After Cake comes out of oven, loosen sides and wait 10 minutes then put on wire rack to cool completely. Microwave frosting (after taking foil top off) for 10 seconds, drop in 5 drops of yellow food coloring, mix really well and pour over cake.

What are YOU doing this fine Saturday?

Strawberry Bundt Cake with Lemon Icing from Kelli's Kitchen

Go here for a GREAT Tailgating BLOG HOPE!!! http://gooseberrypatch.typepad.com/blog/2012/09/rru-tailgating.html

Comments

Yum! I love, love lemony desserts! I am also going to my parents house today, as my sisters, nieces, and nephew are all visiting from far away… Family fun time!
    I’m secretly hoping they have green beans that I can pick so that I can come home and make dilly beans. Last year I made 21 pints

2. pamasaurus says

I’m packing for yet another trip, then driving for 4+ hours. Blaaah, haha.

This looks AMAZING. I already commented on facebook, but YUUUUUUM. Just yum.

Another trip??!?! Child, you have sand in your shoes! Can’t wait to see the pictures. And the ladies were thrilled to get the cake. I hope it makes it till tonight!

3. quilt32 says

The cake is beautiful and it’s such a good idea to put it on a flower pot – just right for the ladies.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

Mom called last night and said they had cake, ice cream, and some kind of punch last night for the party. I think they got all sugared up and couldn’t go to sleep – I wonder how many of them will make it up for church this morning? :)