The weather here was in the 80’s Friday and Saturday – today? 40’s. I am not a big fan of winter so I am sooooooo ready for spring, aren’t you? I was reading a post at the Sweet Simple Stuff blog and thought it looked so easy – I could do it and herald in spring! It’s very easy – at least it is if you aren’t a perfectionist. As you all know, I find beauty in the flaws and this project is no exception. Look at some of those chicks. It looks like they got their dad’s big feet, crossed eyes, and crooked wings! If you look at SSS’s chicks and mine, you are certainly going to see a difference – what you will find is equal intent: We both made them with the intent of celebrating spring.
1 edible black pen
1 bag of orange candy melts
1 bag of peanut M&M’s divided
2 Ziploc Bags
1. Melt some candy melts in the microwave and put them in a Ziploc bag and cut the tip off.
2. Put a dot on the wax paper
3. Place one of the Yellow M&Ms in the middle of the orange candy melts, when you have done as many of these as you want, stick the Ziploc bag that has the candy in it, into the clean Ziploc bag and while holding both at the top, squeeze all the candy into the clean Ziploc. Once all the candy is in the new bag discard the old one.
4. Prick the new bag with a safety pin or straight pin.
5. Squeeze it a little bit and gather some candy on a toothpick (not too much).
6. Place a dot of the candy where a beak would be.
7. Using the edible pin, put on 2 eyes and a wing if you like.
8. Allow to harden completely………AND…………you are done!
So, whether you are celebrating Easter, spring, or the baby chick season – take some time and do it. This would make a great project to do with your kids!